The Darien Foundation Grant Process
The Darien Foundation awards grants for technology and community projects that will benefit the community of Darien. Our goal is to offer a central location for residents and corporate donors who wish to support worthy town projects. Our Board of Directors, who represent many different constituencies in town, strives to apply a consistent methodology in reviewing grant requests and holding grant recipients accountable.
The Darien Foundation Mission Statement
The Darien Foundation provides grants for technology and capital initiatives which create opportunity for our youth, support our town’s safety and security, and enhance the overall quality of life in Darien.
All grant requests must meet the following criteria:
- Be consistent with The Darien Foundation’s mission statement
- Funds are to be spent on one-time project or initiative
- Funds are to benefit the residents of Darien, CT
- Funds cannot be awarded to projects outside of Darien, CT
- Funds cannot be awarded towards recurring/operating expenses
- Funds cannot be awarded for maintenance projects or ongoing upkeep
To inquire about making a Grant Request
All proposals must be reviewed and accepted in advance before being presented to the Board for consideration. If a grant is awarded, the Board may also advise and collaborate with the grant recipient to determine the most expedient approach to implement the project.